The 49th Annual Sea Cavalcade will be held July 28th to 30th. Road closures and no parking areas will be in effect to vehicular traffic in both Upper & Lower Gibsons areas. Expect delays; please use alternate detour routes.
Times for road closures are approximate. Roads will be re-opened to all traffic on a rolling schedule as the events progress.
PLEASE NOTE: THERE WILL BE ZERO TOLERANCE OF ALCOHOL!!
Saturday, July 29th, 2017
Morning to early afternoon — Parade Event
LOCAL TRAFFIC AND PARADE PARTICIPANTS ONLY.
- 8:00am to 10:30am Parade Assembly Area: Park Road
- 8:00am to 11:00am Park Road becomes ONE-WAY SOUTHBOUND.
- 11:00am to 11:30am SUNNYCREST MALL: Parade Route closed to all traffic, NO VEHICLE EXIT FROM MALL.
- 11:30am to 12:00 noon Once parade floats pass the Park Rd./Gibsons Way intersection there will be an exit from Sunnycrest Mall via Community Centre parking lot to NORTHBOUND traffic only.
10:30am to 1:30pm—FULL road closure: Highway 101 and Parade route, Mile Race
- Sunshine Coast Highway 101/Gibsons Way from Payne and Pratt Road intersections to North Road/School Road intersection to Lower School Road/Marine Drive intersection — ALL parked vehicles must be removed.
- Gower Point Road from School Road/Marine Drive to Dougall Road intersection (parade ends).
- Mile race: Sunshine Coast Highway 101/Gibsons Way — Venture Way to School Road Heritage Building
- These roads will be open after 12:30pm, once the last float passes North and School Rd. Intersection.
During the parade on Saturday, July 29th, buses will operate to and from Langdale Terminal between 10:30am and 1:30pm using Payne Road and North Road.
A $5.00 Transit DayPass is valid for travel all day. If you kept your July 1st DayPass, it can be re-used on July 29th.
Traffic Control Persons and flag stop procedures will be in effect on Payne Road and Gibsons Way Road.
Parade, Family Day Activities, Salmon BBQ & Booths
- FULL ROAD CLOSURE 7:00am to 9:00pm and NO PARKING 7:00am to 11:00pm from the intersection of School Road/Marine Drive on Gower Point Road to Winn Road. ALL parked vehicles must be removed.
Sunshine Coast Transit System (BC Transit Users): EXTRA BUS SERVICE
Due to EVENING EVENTS in Lower Gibsons: Free bus shuttle service from upper to lower Gibsons
Pick and drop off at Elphinstone High School parking lot
- 7:30 to 11:30pm — Wednesday, July 26th and Thursday 27th
- 5:30 to 11:30pm — Friday July 28th
- 7:00 to 12:00pm — Saturday July 29th
Pick and drop off: There will be a temporary stop on Gibsons Way route behind the Visitor Info Centre.
Sunday, July 30th, 2017
7:00am to 7:00pm
- FULL ROAD CLOSURE and NO PARKING from the intersection of School Road/Marine Drive on Gower Point Road to Winn Road. ALL parked vehicles must be removed.